November 2, 2011

the invisible identity of the the peanut OR always read the label yourself

Whilst grocery shopping and simultaneously browsing sample stands ( what can I say? Why refuse tasty morsels of free food?) at costco the other day, I overheard this conversation and thought it humorous enough to share...

 1st lady (giving out samples):  Well, hello there ma'am! Would you like to try our delicious Cheesecake Factory Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake?

 2nd lady ( desiring a sample): Oh yes! I'd love some!

 1st lady: Here you are ma'am. It is delicious!

 2nd lady: about to take a bite... I almost forgot! I can't eat nuts!!! This doesn't have nuts in it, does it?

 (Mind you... this is 'peanut' butter cheesecake)

 1st lady: No ma'am! No nuts!

(This IS peanut butter cheesecake...)

  2nd lady: about to take a bite...


 1st lady: Wait! It's processed in a facility that produces nuts! There just might be traces of nuts in that            cheesecake!

(But it's peanut butter!)


 2nd lady: In this cheesecake? There could be traces of nuts in this cheesecake? goes over to trashcan and plops sample in


Well, it was peaNUT butter cheesecake.


Now isn't that something! True story. I suppose I'll never see a peanut without laughing again. ( =

Love,
Emily









1 comment:

  1. This was terribly funny, Em. It made both Connor and me laugh.

    I had a lovely time seeing you and Hannah today!!!

    xoxoxo,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!