October 29, 2011

this is amazing

“When we say that Christ died for God and when we say that Christ died for His own glory, that does not extinguish His real love for His redeemed. This is amazing! He loved His people! And He loved them when they were vile and hated Him. He loved them when His holiness would not even allow him to look upon them. He loved them! He really, reallyloves you. This is amazing. This is not some God coldly manipulating things in order to show how great He is. This is not God just coldly wanting to show something to creation about who He truly is. He loves you! This is the thing that is the most amazing to me. He loves me.”

“From where does zeal come? From where does courage come? It doesn’t come from some sort of John Wayne “power within us”. It does not come from some natural steel in our backbones. It comes from this: What Christ paid changes everything! A man or a woman grabs ahold of this truth and they will be imprisoned for the rest of their lives within the confines of the love of God. It will be these truths that guide them. This is the mystery of all true piety and godliness! That Christ has come and that He has taken our sins upon Himself and that He has died. This is what must drive you. Not even the desire to change culture or fix this world should drive you. If that is your guiding strength it’s idolatry. The thing that must drive you is what God has done for you in Christ!”

  ~Paul Washer

( I just got this from the NCFIC blog)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Emily,

    Thank you so much for posting this! What an encouragement Paul Washer has been to me as I know he has been to you too:).

    I am so sorry that you had such an awful headache today...but Lord willing, tomorrow will bring about a glorious fall, headache-free Sabbath!!!

    I love you, and thank the Lord for you!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    It was amazing. Just hearing and seeing Paul Washer proclaiming those very words... I was riveted. I wish that you had been there.

    This was the most amazing sermon I have ever heard. Ever. Just by reading the words again, I can hear his voice in my head.

    I can't wait to tell you all of the stories (the serious and the funny).

    I'm sorry that you had a headache dear!

    xoxoxo (over and over again)
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie~
    Oh wow...that would have been truly amazing! I can't wait to hear EVERYTHING!

    Love you!!
    xoxo

    Hannah~My sweet sister, I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!