November 22, 2011

I'm thankful for Operation Christmas Child

For the past three years, my family has been blessed to pack boxes for Operation Christmas Child.
We just love it. It is a wonderful opportunity to give, to pray, and to spend some lovely, excited, gift-buying and wrapping, fulfilling, God-honoring family time.
This year, I chose to do a box for a girl, age 10-14. I thought it would be fun to share what was in one of my boxes. I've thought about it, and this post isn't at all to show off. I've hesitated posting it because I don't want it to seem as if I'm doing good for praise from others. My idea in posting this was to encourage you all to participate in the future, if you haven't already, and to share what is going on in our family right now. 

So, without further ado, my box...




Jewelry! I made the necklace with love and bought the bracelet (with love).     

Colored pencils and a notebook. As an artist myself, I wouldn't think of not including these items. ( I put in regular pencils as well.)


Can't forget hygiene! These are necessities. ( I also included a bar of soap.)


Treats! I also added a box of animal crackers.


A hand-written card. This is one of my favorite parts of the whole box-making process. It is so exciting to think I get to wish a little girl who lives in a different country 'Merry Christmas' with love in Jesus' Name. Isn't that exciting? Isn't it? 

I am so blessed to be a tiny part of this huge, wonderful ministry. I pray each child receiving these Christmas gifts would come to know Jesus! And that they would know that they are loved by Him, and loved by Christians all over the world.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, this opportunity was a wonderful time for me to reflect on the many blessings for which we can be thankful to our Savior. 

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday?

Love,
Emily


1 comment:

  1. Operation Christmas Child is a wonderful ministry and it is so much fun to pack boxes knowing that they will make a child in another country so happy this Christmas!

    Loved the pictures, Em. It was great getting to "pack" your box along with you, darling! :)

    xoxoxo,
    Ernestine

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!