December 9, 2011

A Christmas Treasure//Christmas music at our house.

For as long as I can remember, this beautiful record has been the first Christmas music listened to in our home. Julie's warm, clear, lovely voice, coupled with the excellent arrangements by Andre Previn and the reverent and joyous selection of Christmas songs makes for an incomparable Christmas record. Especially if you play a real vinyl on a record player, like we do. Doesn't get much better than that!
I could honestly listen to it all day long. The music is so, so beautiful. To me, it represents everything glorious about this holiday...the birth of our Savior, the love of our God, the joys and warmth of the season, the festivities, the traditions.  I can't say enough good things about it.

Here are a few songs for your enjoyment. I'm pretty sure you'll love them.

The graphics on the videos are a little cheesy, but they're the best ones I could find!













Aaaaaaahhh. I love Christmas music.

I hope you are all having a cozy December!

P.S. Stay tuned for the next Christmas music at our house. What will it be? Here's a hint...think jazz.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Emily! Wanted to give you a head's up - I was not sure how else to reach you.

    You're a winner!
    http://kelliefalconer.blogspot.com/2011/12/quick-giveaway-notice.html

    Talk to you soon,
    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!