December 5, 2011

simple moments





A few weeks ago, after a day of stormy skies and monotone rainfall, the sky was illuminated by the setting sun. The rain stopped for a moment, and the clouds turned peachy golden in color, the world around me cast with a rosy glow. I was breathless for a moment, my heart full of wonder at this life God has given us. I love those moments. Those moments where everything is still and you say to yourself,
Life is so, so beautiful. Lord Jesus, you are so, so good. Your works are marvelous. Thank you. I love you. Thank you for moments like this.
These are the simple moments I hope never to forget.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Em! Thank you for taking the time to post this...I love hearing your deep thoughts!

    I love you, sis!
    xoxo, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Emi! God gives us so many precious moments in our lives but it's our job to slow down, notice, and remember to thank Him for His gifts!

    I love you and I'm aching to talk to you and Hannah!

    xoxoxo,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!