August 16, 2010

birthday mama


Happy Birthday, Mama!!!





Dear Mama,
I love this picture of you as a young, first-time mom. It represents everythong you are--loving, kind, strong, intellligent, nurturing, giving, beautiful.
You are wonderful, and I don't tell you that enough. Thanks for being the best mama, I love you so much. And I know I'm not the only one who does...everyone loves you because you are so warm, you are so easy to love and you are so loving. Not many people are discerning and soft-hearted, but you somehow manage. God blesses me in new ways every day by you.
Happy Birthday!

Love always,
Lili ( :
xoxoxoxoxoxo

note: the picture is circa 1993, and the pretty lady is my mom and the baby is my older sister Hannah.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 40 years old still feels pretty young, but when I was your age I didn't view 40 as part of a continuum, but rather an abstract other person with most of life's dreams fulfilled. My dreams were shallow and small compared to the dreams God had me step into through 4 microscopic eggs that existed in me before birth. God had a plan for my life...forgiveness and redemption...His unmerited favor, His Grace has astonished me daily since motherhood started. Your post is so thoughtful and kind, whether I deserve it or not....it sure makes me feel loved. You are loved my sweet girl. May your journey always be an open and honest walk with Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit, Honoring God with all you say and do. Thank you for the birthday tea party and the wooden box with quills and ink...let's draw! Your mine, and that's the best birthday gift daily! I'm proud of who you are from the inside out! Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys it was fun meeting you all! God bless, Emily:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!