July 24, 2009

Welcome

Hello!
  My name is Emily, and WELCOME  to my blog, 'The Song of The Sea'.
'The Song of The Sea' is found in Exodus 15 and it is a song of praise to 
God for His Deliverance, Provision, and Love.
I decided on this name for my blog because when I was little I chose a Bible
name for myself, and it was Miriam. When the Israelites sang this song to worship 
God, it was Miriam who led the women in singing and dancing, rejoicing in The LORD
and all of His Mercies.  Another reason I chose this name was that it reflects my
Jewish heritage, by way of Eastern Europe. My Dad is half  Jewish, so that makes me,
you guessed it, a quarter Jewish. I am so grateful the LORD has blessed me with this 
in my blood, and that I am a part of the story. ( I hope that doesn't come across as pride.)
And the last, but not least, reason I chose 'The Song of The Sea', happens to be that I have 
salt water in my veins. I love everything about the ocean, (except,of course, the pollution and 
garbage : ). When I go inland, faraway from the water, I start to feel claustrophobic and 
trapped. My siblings and I have  happy memories of driving with my Dad,( he's a surfer and a real groovemeister at that)and looking for any passably good surf  and wasting gasoline : ].
''Well, I believe that concludes today's tour, please exit carefully and watch your step.'' Teehee!
I look forward to hearing from you!
 Affectionately, 
        Emily


7 comments:

  1. Hey Sista Lili!

    What a lovely post!!! You made me laugh with the pollution and garbage comment and I LOVE your blog's name! It's so beautiful and truly reflects who you are!
    I look forward to reading more!
    I love you (sisterly) and can't wait to see you tonight!

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMILY!!!!!
    I LOVE your blog! It is so beautiful! Congratulations on this grand achievement *smile*!
    I so look forward to reading and commenting on all your future posts!
    I love you, ya flan queen:)!
    xoxo,
    Your Big Sis,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very refreshing and interesting blog post. Funny and very nice. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Emily! I love your blog title! Can't wait till you publish more! :D

    ,Kristen

    P.S. The first time I tried to publish this comment it didn't work so if it sent a few times just erase them! lol sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Rogers,
    Thank you for your encouraging comment.
    I'm just curious, how did you find my blog?
    Have a blessed day!

    Joyfully in Him,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cool title I like it.

    That’s really cool about your heritage. Yeah...I'm related to the Vikings. Kinda scary. =[
    (I'm mostly Swedish and Irish).

    Really cool background too. It so goes with the name.

    So Welcome to the blogging world!

    -Lib
    (PS, I got here through Cassie’s blog)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Emily!!!
    Do you remember me? I went on a camping trip with you and the Fitzgeralds about 2 years ago! I really miss you guys and hope you are doing well!
    I love your blog!!!...Feel free to stop by mine. www.simplytoe.blogspot.com

    I'm coming out to CA next year to see Dottie...hopefully I'll be able to see you too!

    ~Tori

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!