May 3, 2012

Stepping towards the light.



                                                                   This is me. photo by my dear Hannah

From my journal:

  April 28, 2012
 ''Seventeen. That's what I am today.It is just incredible to me how the future becomes the present so     
quickly, that growing up is a reality. For the first time in many birthdays, this concept of leaving behind    an age, a part of myself, and moving on isn't bothering me.
 We all move forward--this time I'm excited. I'm excited to grow and learn and live and to walk along the   stepping stones of life, simply in awe that the LORD of the universe is the One directing my path, guiding my steps. Growing older is not a dark threat, it's moving towards the light.''


Thank you,  dearest Kelsey, for taking this beautiful photo!


On Saturday, we had a fun little exploring day with my family--who, may I point out, are my favorite people in the world. I love them to the moon and back.
Then...
We had a little family get-together on Sunday at my grandparents house. It was perfect. Just to be surrounded by people I LOVE  was such a blessing from God!

My heart is so full.

Well. Can't sing I am sixteen-going-on-seventeen anymore. I smile as I write that. Because, you want to know why, seventeen? You're already promising to be wonderful.




4 comments:

  1. This post made me grin. Ever. So. Very. Much. :) :) :)

    Happy birthday, dearest sister Emily! It is my prayer that seventeen is a blessed year for you.

    xoxoxo,
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,Cass! Your comments are the sweetest. Did you know that? How are you feeling?

    Love you!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your replie are the sweetest. So there. :-)

    I'm feeling pretty well. Still tired and sore, but the swelling has gone down. Praise the Lord! I had a check-up today and the doctor said that I'm healing nicely.

    Do you have any fabulous plans of the weekend?

    Love you, dearest!
    Cassie

    P.S. I think that I'm officially tired of ice cream. Yeah... I didn't think that the day would ever come either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Cass!

    Praise God you are healing! I think I will miss Cassie Chipmunk, though. ( =

    We are headed up to Nece's house know, will be back friday.

    Soon we must have a good old-fashioned romp, don't you think, friend of my heart?

    HUGS,
    Emily

    P.S. I hope abstaining from ice cream won't permanently damage your health, pooooooor dear.
    ( =

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!